My son's girlfriend has made a healthy keto blog with treats, snacks, meals, and desserts! Loaded with tasty recipes and amazing low carb food photos! She even makes keto birthday cakes! Please visit her for Delicious Keto & Low Carb Recipes!

Strawberry Coffee Cake

>> Thursday, April 23, 2009




The minute I saw this recipe in "Taste of Home" I knew I'd make this cake.

Although the original recipe they used was Raspberry, I decided to use fresh strawberry that I already had.

The cake came out so good that I am pleased with my choice.
This is a light, buttery and fluffy cake with great combination of fruits.

Strawberry Coffee Cake

1 -1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup cold butter
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Filling
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
6 tablespoons water
1 cup fresh strawberries
1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice

Topping
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
4-1/2 teaspoons cold butter

  • In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
  • cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
  • whisk egg, milk and vanilla, stir into crumb mixture just until moistend. Spoon into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan.
  • In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water until smooth. Add strawberries and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over batter; cut through with knife to swirl.
  • In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
  • Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a tootpick comes out clean.
  • Cool on a wire rack.

1 comments:

Fahrenheit 350° September 9, 2009 at 6:58 PM  

This looks fabulous! I just featured this post on a strawberry post on my site!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP